Window and MacOS: Pros and Cons
Windows, the common term for Microsoft Windows, is owned and manufactured by Microsoft. It was launched as a graphical OS (operating system) shell on the 20th of November 1985 for MS-DOS. This action was in reaction to the growing attention to GUIs (graphic user interfaces).
macOS, formerly known as Mac OS X, is a proprietary graphical OS designed and sold by Apple Inc. Apple launched macOS in 2001. It is the central operating system for Mac computers.
Here are some pros and cons of windows and macOS.
Pros of Windows
- Microsoft Windows is easy to use, and it allows users to move from one version of Windows to another version effortlessly. For example, migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is pretty straightforward.
- Windows is compatible with almost all devices and brands, including PCs, tablets, and notebooks of all brands except Apple.
- Windows is the best operating system for software developers, gamers, and regular users because it supports most applications and games.
- Hardware devices, like keyboards, webcams, mobile phones, mouse, etc., are super easy to detect once a user plugs them into a Windows OS.
- The Windows 10 design is for desktop computers and touch screen gadgets, making it a vast operating system.
Cons of Windows
- Windows is at high risk of virus attacks from hackers because of its weak security infrastructure. As such, users have to depend on anti-virus software to protect their devices, which attracts more cost.
- The majority of the programs on windows OS require payments by users, either monthly or annually.
- Slow performance of your device, caused by an overload, will require a reboot as often as needed.
- Windows OS does not work well with devices with low a RAM capacity.
Pros of macOS
- macOS is elementary to use because Apple designed it to be compatible with all Mac applications. The apps also get updated automatically.
- It provides optimum protection for the Mac with its strong security and privacy features.
- It comes with powerful applications that work with iCloud making their performance super-fast.
- The iCloud feature that comes with Apple devices makes files and media available anywhere and anytime needed and on any Apple device.
- macOS allows Apple devices to be accessible by everyone, including disabled people. It provides features like Voiceover, FaceTime, Accessibility keyboard, and Text-to-Speech, most of which other operating systems do not have.
- macOS is compatible with Windows, making it easier to transfer files and folders from a Windows computer to a Mac.
Cons of macOS
- Other computer brands cannot use macOS because it is specific only to Apple PCs.
- Apple PCs are usually expensive.
The technology world keeps evolving as time passes, which has led to many breakthroughs today. Windows and macOS both have unique features that make life comfortable. So, any choice you make is correct.